7 Days Ski Touring
Day 1: Arrival to Morocco
Arrival to Marrakech. Drive to Imlil, where we’ll spend the night.
Day 2: Ascent to the mountain hut
We’ll check the gear and start climbing to Toubkal mountain hut (3200 m). The porters will carry our gear.
Day 3: First climbs
Early start to Ras Ouanoukrim (4083 m) and Timesguida (4089 m) summits. Ski down to the mountain hut, if the conditions allowed us too.
Day 4: Akioud ascent
Climb up to the summit of Akioud (4030 m). This mountain is accessible on summer, because of rock slides. But on winter it is safe and allows a 6000 m ski down.
Day 5: Mount Toubkal summit
Early start to reach to the summit of Mount Toubkal (4167 m).
Day 6: Marrakech sight seeing
Drive to Marrakech. We’ll check in to the hotel and have the afternoon to get to know the city.
Day 7: Departure
Breakfast at the hotel and drive to the airport. Flight home.
- Guiding fee
- Group porters (transport of tents, cooking equipment, etc. for the group)
- Transport during the trip
- Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- A minimum of 3 people is required.
- Cancellation Policy
Skill level required
Fitness level required
- A minimum of 4 people is required for this expedition.
- It is important to have a valid passport for 6 months past our trip date, to avoid problems when we arrive.
- There is also a faster version of the program is: The Express Toubkal ski touring program. This program takes you to Toubkal summit and down in four days.
Group equipment includes:
- transceiver, probe and shovel.
- Ice axe and crampons.
- Harness, 2 safety carabiners and 2 meters tape.
Personal equipment recommended:
- Complete ski equipment.
- 40L backpack, with ski stripes.
- Thermal underwear.
- warm jacket.
- GoreTex jacket and pants.
- Hood, gloves (2 pairs) and googles.
- Snacks (on the mountain huts we’ll only have breakfast and dinner).
- Warm sack if desired (on the mountain huts there will be blankets).
- Sunscreen and lip balm.
- Basic toilet kit.
- Personal first aid kit.
- Cash (many mountain hut don’t take credit cards).
- Mountain federate card.